St. Joseph’s Academy is partnering with RideFinders, the St. Louis regional rideshare program, to offer parents a safe, cost-effective and eco-friendly transportation option for this year. The program is called SchoolPool and is a free, secure, online service that helps parents form carpools to take their children to and from school.
The school carpool (SchoolPool) concept provides parents with a reliable, direct and convenient transportation option customizable to meet their children’s class times and activities. SchoolPool also enables parents to save time and money on gas by sharing the driving, develop new friendships and improve safety and air quality at school by reducing traffic.
To access the ridematching service, go to www.ridefinders.org and click on SchoolPool. Next, you will need to register and create a parent/student profile. When creating student profiles, you will be asked to enter our school’s secure passcode, 1840SJA.
There are several features built into the SchoolPool program to ensure the security of the parents and students that participate:
- Schools create and provide a unique school pass code to eligible parents upon request.
- SchoolPool service is only for school aged children grades K-12 and is separate from RideFinders commuter ridematching service.
- Parents can keep their phone numbers private, and their street addresses are always private.
- Student names and gender are always kept private unless the parent chooses otherwise.
- Parents can only match to parents with students at the same school as their children.
As an incentive to participate in the SchoolPool program, RideFinders is providing parents and students with free tote bags, travel mugs and other giveaway items for registering. For additional information or questions, please visit the RideFinders website.
Sister Pat Dunphy, csj