SJA Benefit Bar
St. Joe Benefit Bar
You Can Help Raise Money for SJA When You Search the Internet!
St. Joe has recently subscribed to BenefitBar, a toolbar for Internet Explorer users that will be a benefit to parents, students, alumnae and friends of St. Joe, as well as to St. Joe. It is a great new communication and fund-raising tool. We have contracted with this company so that anyone may add a Yahoo bar to any computer (home, office, etc.). The toolbar includes links to SJA’s web site, a Yahoo search engine, and a scrolling message window.
The benefits will be twofold. First, any time you use the Yahoo search engine on the St. Joe Benefit Bar, St. Joseph’s Academy will be paid a small amount of money - the more Yahoo searches you conduct, the more St. Joe benefits. The Yahoo search engine allows you to search the Internet for information while simultaneously raising funds for the school. Second, the scrolling message, which is automatically updated on your computer, will keep you connected to the school. SJA can use this scrolling tool to relay messages such as upcoming events, unexpected school closings, athletic rescheduling, or other important information. You may want to share this Yahoo bar with alum daughters at college, relatives or friends interested in helping St. Joe.
You can install our benefit bar on your computer by clicking on the following link. The directions below may help.
The link is: http://www.benefitbar.com/benefitbar/subscribe/toolbar.php?toolbarId=72.
To download the benefit bar:
- First close any applications that you may have open.
- Click on the link above.
- Check the box to accept terms (if you do) and click ‘Download Now’ button.
- A security notice may pop up in your toolbar. If so, click ‘Click here for options’ at end of bar and then click ‘Download File’.
- IF a dialog box asking you to retry pops up, click ‘Retry’ button.
- When dialog box asks if you want to Run (or Open), Save or Cancel, click the ‘Run (or Open)’ button.
- IF another dialog box opens with Run option, click ‘Run’ again.
- Read the Setup Wizard window, then click ‘Install’.
- In the next window, click ‘Finish’.
- Now close out of Internet Explorer and then reopen it.
- Go to the View (or Tools) menu on the top toolbar. Choose Toolbars. Check ‘St. Joseph Academy’. Note: you may turn the toolbar off by unchecking this item.
PLEASE NOTE: IF the toolbar does not appear (or is located way off to the right) the next time you open IE, you may have to go to View (or Tools) menu, choose Toolbars, uncheck ‘St. Joseph’s Academy’, then repeat to again check ‘St. Joseph’s Academy’. (If you need assistance please contact BenefitBar at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Are you interested in using such a toolbar for your own company? The beneficiary of such a toolbar must be a nonprofit institution, such as St. Joseph’s Academy. But if you are interested in having a benefit bar created for your own business, and would like to designate SJA as the recipient, we would love to partner with you. The toolbar would display your company name and scrolling messages, but any time the Yahoo search feature is used the benefit would go to St. Joseph’s Academy. Just email Sr. Pat Dunphy at email@example.com if you would like to explore this possibility.