1. To develop aesthetic awareness and the skills necessary for observation and critical judgment
of a work of art.
2. To provide opportunities for artistic expression which are both productive and satisfying for
3. To develop skills of specific techniques.
4. To provide multiple opportunities to develop individual potential.
5. To develop ability for expressive communication “in an environment that challenges students
to grow in respect for self and others.”
6. To nurture creativity
7. To promote critical thinking.