Eighth grade students who are interested in applying to St. Joseph’s Academy and attend a St. Louis Archdiocesan Catholic grade school or public school need to obtain an official Archdiocesan application form from their Catholic elementary school. Archdiocesan application forms are available to public school students who attend their Catholic Parish School of Religion (PSR) directly from their PSR Director. If the student does not participate in a PSR program or is not Catholic please contact Sister Carol Gerondale, Admissions Director, at St. Joseph's Academy to receive the Archdiocesan application form.
8th grade students from outside the St. Louis Archdiocese need to contact Sister Carol Gerondale, Director of Admissions, at 314-394-4321 or email email@example.com for additional information regarding application to St. Joseph's Academy.
Transfer students (out of town or from other St. Louis high schools), please contact Sister Carol Gerondale, Director of Admissions, at 314-394-4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour of the school, a student shadowing visit, to answer questions or for more information regarding application for admission.
- 8th graders who are completing the St. Louis Archdiocesan application need to indicate St. Joseph’s Academy as their first choice school.
Once we receive the Archdiocesan application and transcripts from your current grade school, we will mail you an official St. Joseph’s Academy admissions questionnaire. This St. Joseph's Academy questionnaire completes the student's application to St. Joseph's Academy. The student will not be considered for admission to St. Joe until this admissions questionnaire has been received. The questionnaire will be mailed by December 9, 2014 and is due back to St. Joseph's Academy by January 6, 2015. You will be contacted by January 9, 2015 if your completed questionnaire has not been received.
- St. Joseph’s Academy does not require interested students to interview for admission.
Transfer students (out of town or other St. Louis high schools) need to call Sister Carol Gerondale, Director of Admissions, at 314-394-4321 or email email@example.com to request an Archdiocesan application for admission.
Admission is based on standardized test scores (core totals of 75% and above) as well as grades, primarily A's and B's, from sixth, seventh, and eighth grade.
Having the above criteria will generally insure admission to St. Joseph’s Academy. The further the student gets from this criterion the higher the risk she will not be accepted. For example, a "C" in Science in the 7th grade would not keep a student out of St. Joseph's Academy nor a one year 72% core total. However, the further away from the cirteria, the higher the risk of not being admitted to St. Joseph's Academy.
Click here for the Deadline/Admissions Calendar.
St. Joseph’s Academy holds an Open house for prospective students and their parents on the first Sunday of November each year. The next Open House is Sunday, November 2, 2014. See the Open House section of the website for more details.
St. Joseph’s Academy will be presenting at 8 Archdiocesan High School Nights this fall. Please see the High School Nights section of the website for more details.
Decision letters for the school year 2015-2016 will be postmarked February 6, 2015.
For more information regarding admissions please contact our Admissions Director, Sr. Carol Gerondale, at 314-394-4321 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does an 8th grade student apply to St. Joseph’s Academy?
- If the student is currently enrolled in a Catholic Elementary School the official archdiocesan application will come from the 8th grade teacher or the Principal.
- If a student is currently enrolled in a public school, but attending a PSR program, the PSR teacher will have applications.
- If a student is currently enrolled in a public school and is not Catholic or is not attending a PSR program, contact the high school you wish to apply (your "first choice" high school only) to request an official archdiocesan application. Students from outside the St. Louis Archdiocese (8th grade through 11th grade) need to contact Sister Carol Gerondale, Director of Admissions, at 314-394-4321 or email email@example.com for information regarding application for admission.
2. How will I know if St. Joe received my daughter’s application?
The Director of Admissions, Sr. Carol Gerondale, will send a letter of acknowledgment that the Archdiocesan application has been received. Included will be the St. Joseph's Academy official admissions questionnaire. This completed questionnaire will be due January 6, 2015. This questionnaire completes the student's file. The parents/student will by notified by January 9, 2015 if there are missing items (questionnaire, grades, PSR documentation or application) in the student's file for admission.