Statement of Goals and Objectives
The goals of the department are to offer a complete high-school mathematics curriculum for the college-bound student and to challenge each individual to develop her God-given mathematical talents.
- To develop logical and creative approaches to problem solving.
- To develop facility in applying basic mathematical concepts.
- To stimulate clarity and precision in language usage.
- To encourage an appreciation for the deductive nature of mathematics.
- To guide the student in selecting courses that allow her maximum achievement for her abilities, needs and interests.
- To insure a smooth transition to mathematics courses at the college level.
Four credits in mathematics are required for graduation, which must include one semester of trigonometry. A Texas Instruments graphing calculator is required for all mathematics classes. The model numbers of the calculators that may be used are announced in the spring.