St. Joseph’s Academy, in St. Louis, MO, a private independent Catholic college preparatory high school for young women, grades 9 – 12, seeks a Principal beginning July 1, 2015.
Located on a beautiful campus in West St. Louis County, St. Joseph’s Academy was founded in 1840 and is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The centuries-old charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph is built on “serving the dear neighbor without distinction.” The next Principal will be called to embody this principle and model the school’s Core Values.
St. Joseph’s Academy provides a quality Catholic education for young women in an environment that challenges them to grow in faith, knowledge, and respect for self and others. Our community expects these young women to make a profound impact in the world. St. Joseph’s Academy requires the successful candidate to fully support and promote the fulfillment of this mission.
Candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or equivalent
- 3 years of administrative or leadership experience in a high school environment
- Thorough understanding of Catholic school philosophy and commitment to the educational mission of the Catholic Church
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A collaborative leadership style with effective interpersonal and team-building skills, including and openness to give and receive constructive feedback within the collaborative leadership model
- Proven experience in instructional leadership, curriculum development, situational management, team motivation, staff coaching and counseling including performance assessment
- Ability to make fact-based decisions thoughtfully, intelligently and compassionately
- A commitment to the work and mission of the school exemplified by participation in activities which take place outside the school day
- Applied knowledge of instructional technology, familiarity with AdvancED accreditation procedures and Marzano Teacher Evaluation Model and current outcomes-based models
- Ability to manage complex relationships (with students, parents, alumnae, staff, and faculty) with integrity and discretion
- Ability to effectively represent the school to all constituents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, hands-on experience with social media is a plus
- A positive, open and generous attitude—willing to help where needed to support the school’s goals and mission
Interested candidates should apply using either method given below before April 3, 2015.
- All applications must be submitted electronically or by mail.
- Please complete all sections of the application.
1) If you choose to download the application as a MS Word document, you will then be able to save it to your computer. Submit electronically with your cover letter and resume to:
2) You may download the application as a pdf, print it, complete all sections and mail it with your cover letter and resume to:
St. Joseph’s Academy
Attn: Eileen Ruma
2307 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
If you have any issues or questions concerning the submission process please contact Travis Rogers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 314.394.4840.